Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Does anything I do make a difference?  (Read 2525 times)

neopeius

• View Profile
Does anything I do make a difference?
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
If I spend my days cleaning up the sector of bad guys, does it help make a system stay/turn blue?  Or does going on missions generate the bad guys in the first place?

Also, what's the best way to make money if I refuse to do anything illegal/immoral (slavery/drugs/etc.)?  Merchant's guild?

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Does anything I do make a difference?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
Quote from: "neopeius"
If I spend my days cleaning up the sector of bad guys, does it help make a system stay/turn blue?  Or does going on missions generate the bad guys in the first place?

If you will encounter hostile (pirate) fleet in such system you can destroy it to make system "ownerless" (if previously it was neutral or Confed). In short time Confed fleet should arrive and take over such system.

Also, what's the best way to make money if I refuse to do anything illegal/immoral (slavery/drugs/etc.)?  Merchant's guild?

Make missions. A lot of missions. E.g. buy fast craft (like Centurion) and take "rescue ejected pilot" missions (when available), scout missions, delivery missions... every one that doesn't require to fight (at least not much) then you can run from nav point to nav point escaping from foes (using afterburner only, without autopilot).

When possible (read: enough money) buy Pegasus - even with basic equipment will be better then outfitted Centurion.

Damn! I didn't played this game since August 2012. Too much work last time... :pinch:
Genuine Lifelike Individual

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:30:21 AM »
Thanks for answering!  Glad someone is still here.

I'm not worried about fighting.  I'm in a tricked-out Ulysses, and nothing can touch me.  

Is there any way to capture a pirate and release him off your ship?  Or are your only options to kill or enslave her/him (or make the pirate a permanent resident of your ship!)

I want to be nice.. but the game won't let me!

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
Thanks for answering!  Glad someone is still here.

I'm not worried about fighting.  I'm in a tricked-out Ulysses, and nothing can touch me.

... and you can't make fast runs in such slow vessel! :eeeee:

Is there any way to capture a pirate and release him off your ship?  Or are your only options to kill or enslave her/him (or make the pirate a permanent resident of your ship!)

I want to be nice.. but the game won't let me!

Nope! The game won't let us:
http://www.asciisector.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5558&highlight=liberate+slaves#5558

http://www.asciisector.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10205&highlight=liberate+slaves#10205

:no:

"O Update, Where Art Thou?!" ;)

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »
I haven't needed to go very fast, though I occasionally have mission expiration issues.  But I loves me my cargo hold.  I don't want to sacrifice that for speed! :)

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
I haven't needed to go very fast, though I occasionally have mission expiration issues.  But I loves me my cargo hold.  I don't want to sacrifice that for speed! :)

Then buy Drayman - it's ideal ship for boarding pirates and taking their cargo. But soon or later you will think about some better disabler probably... :heh: ... or for more missiles! :eeeee: