Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Futurer development and features  (Read 1015 times)

Ph3nIx

Futurer development and features
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
Hi, first of all, great job, Asciisec is really one of the best projects I've played this year.
I have a couple of questions. I read many posts in this forum about feature development...but no one ever asked if you will implement the original privateer 1 story (+ its expansion pack) in this game.
I must say I would love that very much since I only played the original very little time.  I think you should work more on the "story" part of asciisec instead of making it slovly become a sort of RTS where you buy and conquer entire planets. One of the most appealing things of this game (and Privateer for that matter) is that you are only a small pawn in the big universe, wich really makes you struggle to survive. I think it would be better if the player is only a "player" in the events that unfold around him (ex kilrathi attack a system, pirates conquer an autpost, and than the player has the choice to join the confed in fighting them or somehow make it to the "dark" side, becoming a pirate or a smuggler. But that is just my opinion, I see others have different. It will be interesting to see where will ascii development turn.
Another thing....it would be nice to have a steltek ship fly around the space (ramdom encounter). ├╣This ship would be veryyyy strong, fast and the ultimate enemy to fight.

Great job so far.....hope it gets even better in the future!