Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Futurer development and features  (Read 1004 times)

Ph3nIx

Futurer development and features
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »
Hi, first of all, great job, Asciisec is really one of the best projects I've played this year.
I have a couple of questions. I read many posts in this forum about feature development...but no one ever asked if you will implement the original privateer 1 story (+ its expansion pack) in this game.
I must say I would love that very much since I only played the original very little time.  I think you should work more on the "story" part of asciisec instead of making it slovly become a sort of RTS where you buy and conquer entire planets. One of the most appealing things of this game (and Privateer for that matter) is that you are only a small pawn in the big universe, wich really makes you struggle to survive. I think it would be better if the player is only a "player" in the events that unfold around him (ex kilrathi attack a system, pirates conquer an autpost, and than the player has the choice to join the confed in fighting them or somehow make it to the "dark" side, becoming a pirate or a smuggler. But that is just my opinion, I see others have different. It will be interesting to see where will ascii development turn.
Another thing....it would be nice to have a steltek ship fly around the space (ramdom encounter). ùThis ship would be veryyyy strong, fast and the ultimate enemy to fight.

Great job so far.....hope it gets even better in the future!