Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Estimated Timetable?  (Read 3338 times)

greywolf

• View Profile
Estimated Timetable?
« on: April 14, 2007, 05:17:10 AM »
Good day to you, Christian! :D You might remember me from the Abandonia Reloaded forums. :)

All this stuff looks excellent, especially the progress you've made with the recent mission and AI updates! I'm just curious about when the demo release will actually happen. What and how much other stuff needs to be implemented? Any guesses as to when it might happen? I know release dates are a developer's nightmare, so no pressure, but I haven't seen anything regarding how far along you are.

Anyway, even if it takes you another year, good luck and I hope you have much success in your coding! :)

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Estimated Timetable?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »
Hi Greywolf!

When I first posted about this game in the public (back in January) I believe I said that the demo would take at least a year to finish. Well, the things I've programmed so far haven't taken as long as I thought it would, so all the things related to flying around in space are close to being finished -- I just need to finish all the non-plot missions and a few minor details.

Then I'll go on to work on the bases. Now, the basic structures and procedures for bases have already been programmed, but I still need to program the Commodity Exchange and figure out how to make a system that simulates the supply and demand of each commodity, both on the specific base and on a Sector-wide basis.

I also have to 'draw' the layouts of each base (I've done three so far) and make the shipyard computer where you repair your ship and buy/sell upgrades (I haven't started on this).

Then when all that is finished, I'll work on the dialogues with people on bases (random people walking around, people with missions for you, and the bartenders).

I believe I'll pretty much be done with the demo after that! Whew!

Anyway, to make a long story short, all that will probably take another 1/2 - 3/4 of a year. I hope to have the demo out before the end of the year, but for the last half of this year I won't have as much free time on my hands as I've had so far, so this timetable might get extended...

Also, welcome to the forum! :)

greywolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »
Well, you've made great progress so far! :) I'll be checking back in every so often to see how it's going. Keep it up! :)

Zarathru§trá

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 01:23:47 AM »
Damn, sounds like you're working hard on this.
doing whatever I can to further this project
-Zarathrustra

Zarathru§trá

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:47:28 PM »
seems like the demo's coming along nicely now
doing whatever I can to further this project
-Zarathrustra