Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Delivery mission bug, ship purchase bug and ramming bug.  (Read 20948 times)

Widmo

• Experienced
    • View Profile
Delivery mission bug, ship purchase bug and ramming bug.
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:11 AM »
An example:
You are asked by merchant guild to deliver 56 computers from Ganim to Beaver cruising over Novy Norilsk. However you buy 78 because they are well priced there. While on the course you stop at Hooper's Hope and sell 22 computers leving exactly 56 on board. Bad move - Beaver won't allow you to call "I have some computers for you.". If you didn't sell additional units anywhere completing the mission is still possible and correctly leaves you with 22 on board.

One cannot ask ship dealer about Pegasus by stepping into it's middle tile. A very minor issue but in my humble opinion still worth reporting.

When you ram ships with your own craft other pilots behave like they did not notice anything in particular. After a fight a militia Talon was left severely weakened. I smashed into it at 900 KPS ripping the ship to pieces but no one reacted. Not even the Confederates.

Another thing is friendly fire but that has been already reported. I just would like to remind how ridiculous it can be. One single mad Retro assaulted Loye Naval Base making Paradigm down a Broadsword, two Stilettos and nearly a Talon while "helping" other Confeds destroy the Retro. Yuck!

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Delivery mission bug, ship purchase bug and ramming bug.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
Quote from: "Widmo"
An example:
You are asked by merchant guild to deliver 56 computers from Ganim to Beaver cruising over Novy Norilsk. However you buy 78 because they are well priced there. While on the course you stop at Hooper's Hope and sell 22 computers leving exactly 56 on board. Bad move - Beaver won't allow you to call "I have some computers for you.". If you didn't sell additional units anywhere completing the mission is still possible and correctly leaves you with 22 on board.

I haven't been able to replicate this bug. I accepted a mission where I had to transport 41 units of Robot Workers from New Beijing to a ship at Nav 8 in the Loye System. I bought 60 units, sold 19 at Basin in the Loye system and then delivered the remaining 41 to the ship without problems.

One cannot ask ship dealer about Pegasus by stepping into it's middle tile. A very minor issue but in my humble opinion still worth reporting.

Fixed.

When you ram ships with your own craft other pilots behave like they did not notice anything in particular. After a fight a militia Talon was left severely weakened. I smashed into it at 900 KPS ripping the ship to pieces but no one reacted. Not even the Confederates.

You're right -- other ships should react to this in some way. However, I think only actually destroying a ship by ramming it should have an effect, otherwise an innocent and accidental nudge could provoke a ship to attack. I'll look into this.

Another thing is friendly fire but that has been already reported. I just would like to remind how ridiculous it can be. One single mad Retro assaulted Loye Naval Base making Paradigm down a Broadsword, two Stilettos and nearly a Talon while "helping" other Confeds destroy the Retro. Yuck!

This has been fixed for version 0.3.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:04:29 PM »
An example:

I think something else was wrong, when you tried to deliver the computers to the Beaver. Even though you have no cargo on board at all, you are still able to send a message and dock with the ship -- they'll just send you an angry message asking where the cargo is. I just tried this with my own transport mission.

Are you sure that you couldn't send a message to the ship at all?

Maybe the mission had expired when you tried to deliver the computers?

Widmo

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 01:50:33 AM »
Quote from: "Christian Knudsen"
I think something else was wrong, when you tried to deliver the computers to the Beaver. Even though you have no cargo on board at all, you are still able to send a message and dock with the ship -- they'll just send you an angry message asking where the cargo is. I just tried this with my own transport mission.

Are you sure that you couldn't send a message to the ship at all?

Maybe the mission had expired when you tried to deliver the computers?

That is possible because it happened to me only once. If I recall correctly the Beaver behaved like ordinary faction ship with neutral attitude towards me. There was skirmish at that nav point and I might have hit it while fighting. Does that make a difference? If not this is most probably not a bug but my fault.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
I think that if you hitting it was the reason, then the Beaver would have become hostile and attacked you, so I'm leaning towards the theory that the mission had expired. Checking my code, it seems that the result of the mission expiring would be that you would only be able to send the normal messages to the ship, since the program would no longer identify it as a mission ship.

Let me know if it happens again, though.