Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Gunfight movie  (Read 2553 times)

Goliath

• View Profile
Gunfight movie
« on: December 03, 2007, 01:50:02 AM »
This has greatly increased my anticipation for the next version. Do you plan on adding support for a more joint effort between the police forces of the bases? Perhaps citizens could run away an aggressor, or attack him in melee if he gets to close.

The combat system is very fitting for the game: Skill-based and slightly tactical. Bleeding and such will make it even better.

Can't wait to see more updates!

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Gunfight movie
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: "Goliath"
Do you plan on adding support for a more joint effort between the police forces of the bases?

In the movie, the other Police Officers ignore the attack on their colleague, but I will add code for them to react and also attack the player.

Quote from: "Goliath"
Perhaps citizens could run away an aggressor, or attack him in melee if he gets to close.

I'm not sure I'll have citizens just randomly choose to attack you if you're in a fight, as that could possibly become quite annoying since you have no way of knowing when a citizen would suddenly attack you. What I do have planned, however, is to have some citizens be "familiar" with another (in programming terms it just means that they share the value of a variable called 'association'). When you attack one of these citizens, his "friends" will aid him and attack you. This will also be used for the assassination missions, as the target will often have bodyguards that will attack you.

Goliath

• View Profile
Re: Gunfight movie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 12:12:27 AM »
Alright, thanks for answering my questions quickly.