Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Fumbling through the demo  (Read 312 times)

thenewguy

• View Profile
Fumbling through the demo
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:29:07 PM »
I've played through the first level of the demo a few times. It's been fun trying out different approaches, finding out what works, and what gets me killed.

Something I'm wondering is whether it is possible to make it through the first demo level without having the police show up? The reason I ask is one of my play throughs went really smoothly. I took out all the guards without the civilians noticing, quietly went into the target's office and took him out. Then the police arrived.

Now, to be fair, three civilians in the target's office saw me do the hit, but I'm not sure if there is any way to get them out of the room, or avoid being seen by them. As far as I know, no one else saw me (except guards, who were quickly dispatched one at a time).

So my question is: Are the police showing up in the first demo level a fixed part of the demo (ie do they always show up), or am I approaching something in the level wrong which causes them to arrive at the end?

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Fumbling through the demo
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
The police showing up in the first level is a scripted event. The stealth meter hasn't been introduced yet in level 1, so the police doesn't show up because of your stealth reaching 0% like they do in level 2 (and onwards).

thenewguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 01:15:35 AM »
That makes me feel better. I noticed after the police showed up my contact said my work was too noisy/sloppy so I was wondering if that was part of the script, or if I needed to try a new approach.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »
Yeah, that's just to set up/teach the player that you have to be more discreet on future missions or the police will show up.