Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 658 times)

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCEMENT
« on: April 16, 2019, 03:13:53 PM »

The Hidden Asset crowdfunding campaign will launch on Kickstarter on April 23rd at 11:00 am CDT / 4:00 pm GMT.

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: KICKSTARTER ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
Funny... in some way. I hope next one will be better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjWKE-IJ4R8

;D
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
"IN A WORLD ..."

;D

4000 Ants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:01:08 AM »
Incredible!
I hope it goes well! I've already pledged some money!

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks! And also for your support! ;D

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »
Well. It's one month since "campaign" ended. It wasn't successful, it happens. But what is going on with you, mister developer? Not even "thank you" to those 64 backers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking questions. It's not attack, yelling or whatever aggressive... but where is your marketing?

You started with video eating bun like you didn't care you'll succeed or not.

You show something (text, pics, demo) and then you practically told "gib monies"

You were not prepared to Kickstarter campaign! What happened to regular "updates"? Where was information about "future development" with some examples (things not available in playable demo)? And other important things...

It looks like you didn't wanted to succeed. It looks like you wanted a failure to have excuse. I hope you're not...

Talk with some people who knows marketing. Who knows how to make crowdfunding campaign.

I hope your next campaign will be successful. You should make it better or next time I will not pledge at "Executive Level".

Keep up good work. Regards.
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
I did thank everyone who supported the Kickstarter campaign. Did you not read the Kickstarter update?

I also did have marketing and updates planned. But after the first 48 hours it was clear that the campaign was not going to succeed no matter what, so those updates I have saved for a possible future campagin.

I've been drowning in work from my daytime job and have also been a bit burned out after the sprint to have everything ready for the campaign, which is why you haven't heard much from me.

To suggest that I didn't want the campaign to succeed with the hours upon hours of work I've put into both the demo and the campaign is frankly pretty fucking insulting (as is that GIF you posted)!

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
Hey!

Sad to see the kickstarter fail, but I'm very confident there is a crowd for this game out there, if just the word of mouth got started.

Maybe this game could get some attention on Hacker News, with the angle of it being written in pascal, which might attract attention from nerds. "single quirky guy writes isometric stealth and dagger game in pascal"

I don't do social media, but I assume they have recommender systems that can help targeting the right audience.

I can't imagine what goes into doing a kickstarter, and I'm not saying CK hasn't done enough, just that it might need to find some niche channel and cult following, which of course is easier said than done. Or I can reverse the paragraph: which platform/forum is Hidden asset most exposed / get most attention on, outside this forum? Development videos on youtube? (Btw, I think dev. videos are a very good way to build a following).

Anyway, keep it up, and don't give up dev'ing!

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »