Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Crash report  (Read 108 times)

MS

Crash report
« on: February 23, 2019, 04:38:54 PM »
Game crashes repeatedly upon passing of the first keycard locked doors in the Hensely company mission, played on LinuxLite {Ubuntu 18.04 LTS core}.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Crash report
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:24:29 AM »
Can you run the debug version from terminal (navigate to the game directory and run it with ./hiddenassetdebug) and paste the crash message here? That'll tell me exactly where in the code the game crashes. Thanks!

MS

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 09:00:25 AM »
I have run the case twice through in a debug mode. First attempt was clear, regular type vision, passed the doors and carried on, the guard became suspicious - did not pay attention to it then, I am uncertain if the crash would happen later on, eventually, triggered by something else. Second attempt, crashed, in a combat vision mode, crawling, guard beyond the hearing range. Terminal did not display any info, expect for "killed" when I issued to terminate the application.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:20:56 AM »
There was no crash info when you ran hiddenassetdebug through the terminal? That's odd...

MS

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 10:48:44 AM »
It may sound like I am doing something wrong around the debug, which is why, I have recorded you a vid showing the process of how I get there, sorry for the poor quality - link:

https://

drive.google.com/file/d/1SKqthUg0w3cC-ZVI1iKC2GlvwuM2w8gE/view?usp=sharing

{Broken due to forum limitations for guests posting external links.}

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »
Thanks for the video!

That's weird that there's no output. But it's fine, because the crash you're experiencing has also been reported by others. It's an issue with the generation of the selection border around the door when that is selected.

I haven't been able to figure out why it crashes in that exact spot for some people, but I have been able to (hopefully) make sure that the part of the code in question doesn't produce a crash. So this should (again, hopefully!) be fixed in the next version.

If you temporarily switch the selection border off in the options menu, you shouldn't get this crash when selecting that door.

MS

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 05:19:11 AM »
Okay, that bypass seems to have worked, albeit playing with those highlights on seems more fit.