Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Having to enter the passcode twice  (Read 166 times)

Gabu

• View Profile
    • My Website
Having to enter the passcode twice
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:50:27 PM »
In the business level on the 2nd floor.Where there is a door that has to be unlocked by entering a code . You have enter the code when entering the room , but you also have to enter the code when exiting the room. I don't know if this is intended but i find to be some what of an inconvenience due to having to time yourself so that you don't get detected.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Having to enter the passcode twice
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
When the door is unlocked, you can open it manually (i.e. right-click) and it will stay open and unlocked.

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »
When the door is unlocked, you can open it manually (i.e. right-click) and it will stay open and unlocked.

Locked room on first floor (ground level) is similar thing - player character must use electronic card while inside to unlock doors.

Let's assume that high security areas only requires such high level of safety. Regular tech rooms should have normal policy: "once you're inside you can just use door knob to unlock".
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense from a realism point of view. I'll look into how easily I can implement it so that when you're on the "inside" side of the door, you don't have to unlock it. But that's harder than it sounds, since in order to show the proper icon and color for the door when hovering over it with the mouse cursor, I probably have to path find from the player to the door to see which side the player would walk up to (i.e. whether the player is "inside" the door or not). And I also need to set up some basic rule for what exactly the "inside" side of the door is, though I'll probably just set it so that the area that the door opens/swings out into is the "outside".

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »
Alright, I managed to get it working. So in the next version (released tomorrow or Wednesday) you only have to unlock keycard/keycode doors when entering.