Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Computer messages bug  (Read 229 times)

Gabu

• View Profile
    • My Website
Computer messages bug
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:37:01 AM »
So in the  level 2 (The Business building) on the second floor.When u access the computer for the first time the email messages do not appear . But when you exit the email messages and then click on the computer again the email messages appear.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Computer messages bug
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 01:15:14 PM »
Thanks for reporting this! And sorry about the late reply -- I've been away on vacation (and sick the whole time).

Can you use the scroll bar on the right side of the computer screen to scroll down -- as if there are messages but they're just invisible?

I suspect this is an issue with the code that cuts off the top and bottom of the text in the message area. Probably in relation to screen scaling/zooming...

Gabu

• View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 01:37:24 AM »
Hey , Hope you feel better i hate getting sick when i am on vacation.

Yes you can use the scroll bar , But the text is invisible. The resolution i was using was 1920 by 1080. 

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »
Hey , Hope you feel better i hate getting sick when i am on vacation.

Yes you can use the scroll bar , But the text is invisible. The resolution i was using was 1920 by 1080.

I can confirm this bug. On second playthrough I've noticed it (after I read it here). I don't remember if I saw it during first test (I was in hurry because of "movement timing").
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 08:00:24 PM »
Thanks for confirming this!

I'll have to borrow my wife's laptop to try to replicate this. Mine only has 1366x768 resolution!

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
I've managed to figure out what's causing this. It's when there's smoke in the room with the computer! It's most likely an issue with the drawing of the smoke sprite interfering with the drawing of the text for some reason. Now to figure out why...

EDIT: Fixed!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:43:01 AM by Christian Knudsen »