Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Environmental lures  (Read 190 times)

Gabu

• View Profile
    • My Website
Environmental lures
« on: June 29, 2018, 04:01:43 AM »
I was wondering if you are going to add more environmental  lures to get the guards attention.For example triggering car alarms , turning on water faucet  , etc.

The only reason why i was asking was because in level 2 (The Business building) of the first floor where the bath room is they have an interactive hand dryer. I know it shows it make noise . But for some reason it doesn't get the guard  attention even when he walk's past the doors.I'm curious what the dryer is mean't for?Is it mean't for drowning out the sound of gun fire or when the guard is screaming for help? or is it just a cosmetic type of thing?

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Environmental lures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
Yeah, stuff like those hand dryers (and photocopier machines) is perhaps a bit counter-intuitive. Instead of attracting guards, they generate background noise that drowns out the noise you make (so you can, for example, walk quickly up behind a guard to sneak attack him instead of having to sneak slowly). This is something that will be more clear in the next version.

There will definitely be more of these kinds of things in the game. Car alarms is actually one of the first things I added to the game, but it just hasn't been used in a level yet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:16:57 AM by Christian Knudsen »