Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Space Combat Fine-Tuning?  (Read 638 times)

Jonny_D

• View Profile
Space Combat Fine-Tuning?
« on: August 29, 2016, 06:20:57 AM »
Suggestion: While I find the space combat very exciting and interesting, manual aiming with guns can be quite frustrating especially when trying to target ships or asteroids that are one-tile big. I would suggest some sort of fine-tuning with the aiming/gun combat in space but I'm not sure how that would work out since I know that trying to make a 360 degree space shooter with ascii graphics is probably very limiting by nature. Anyways, that's my suggestion though I will say that I like how the space combat is going so far. :)

Aleccia Rosewater

• View Profile
Re: Space Combat Fine-Tuning?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:52:55 AM »
I agree that a slight aim assist might be to the benefit of the game.  This can be easily justified by the weapons being turreted rather then being wielded onto the craft pointing in one direction. I feel the focus should be on skillful flying rather then fiddily-perfect aiming.

360 degree space shooter? ascii graphics? Limiting? wha? oh no compared to the game's source material nothing is lost at all for it. I bet a far more detailed game then even this could be done with ascii graphics if one was so inclined.