Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Office elevator bug  (Read 560 times)

rsdworker

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
Office elevator bug
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:01 AM »
when i tried to get upstairs from 3rd floor to 4rd floor however this was unable to gain access because the elevator is broken - however the power supply box is upstairs - its shouldnt be like that if elevator is unpowered and player cant gain access to it

my suggestion - put elevator power box on same level where player is going up from level 3 to 4

also give a status of elevator like LED sign on or off showing if powered on or off
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:03:03 AM by rsdworker »

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Office elevator bug
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:13:08 AM »
That's odd. Both elevators should be powered on when the map is first loaded -- and only ever be off if you've switched them off. Can you send me a savegame with this issue to contact@laserbrainstudios.com? Thanks! :D

rsdworker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »
That's odd. Both elevators should be powered on when the map is first loaded -- and only ever be off if you've switched them off. Can you send me a savegame with this issue to contact@laserbrainstudios.com? Thanks! :D

i did more testing - when door alarm is off - elevator dont work = while door alarm is on - elevator is working

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
I'm not able to replicate this. Switching off the alarms doesn't affect the elevator when I do it. Can you send me a savegame?

EDIT: The save games are numbered like this, by the way:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:01:19 AM by Christian Knudsen »

rsdworker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 12:48:03 PM »
i reproduced same bug again - sending saves - one before and one when elevator failed work

the door alarm system is off

also related in elevator bug - the 1 to 3 elevator still powered  when i try disable the power to elevator but this shows elevator still works when its actual power is off

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »
Thanks for the savegames!

Wow, that's completely messed up. Will have to runs some tests to see what could cause that. :o

rsdworker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »
no problem - i caught that out because its was odd that door alarm affected elevator

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »
D'oh! The elevator numbers are switched in the script for that level!

The elevator power box on the 1st floor turns the 3-4 elevator on/off (but still toggles the power line to the 1-3 elevator), and the elevator power box on the 4th floor turns the 1-3 elevator on/off (but toggles the power line to the 3-4 elevator)!

I think I accidentally removed and then replaced one of the elevators right before releasing the test version, which made them switch numbers in the code. Nice catch!

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile