Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: linux mint 17.3 white screen  (Read 868 times)

jboadas

• View Profile
linux mint 17.3 white screen
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
hello I have an old computer with mint 17.3, when I run the game I only get a white screen, no error no crash, I have libsdl installed, my question is if this game need opengl just becase my old computer only support opengl 1.1, also have another computer with the same configuration and the game runs just fine.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: linux mint 17.3 white screen
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »
OpenGL 1.1 should be fine.

Does the log.txt file say anything?

When you run the game, make sure that the working directory is the game directory, or it can't find the gfx files.

Also, if you haven't already, try running the game from the terminal and see if there are any error messages outputtet there.

Does it run fullscreen with a white screen when you run the game, or just in a window? If it's fullscreen, did you copy the game folder over from somewhere else? If so, try deleting the options.txt file.

jboadas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
I extract the game in my home directory, then open the terminal and go to the directory execute the game with ./asciisec
A white screen come in, in window mode, press F12, the white screen resize, the log.txt doesn't show any errors at all, I think this is something with Mint and the driver on this old computer, I'm gonna try with Manjaro to see what happen. Will write soon.
Thanks

jboadas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:52 AM »
Installed on the same machine Manjaro and the game works!
my card is intel 915 it have support for opengl 1.4 and the latest driver is installed on Linux mint I think that this issue have something to do with the kernel 3.19. I like Manjaro but is very unstable so I keep using Mint. Any chance that I can run the game in fallback mode or any older version without opengl that I can download.
thanks in advance.