Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Can't talk to hunters to finish mission  (Read 1009 times)

Iltsuger

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Can't talk to hunters to finish mission
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:09:43 AM »
There's a raid on a Kamekh that I somehow survive solo, which pretty much all my systems destroyed. I fly to the rendezvous to talk to the hunters waiting to start the mission at another nav point, but although I can communicate with them I just get the standard "stranger" communication with them, not the mission starting one, so I can never complete the mission. Is it because all my equipment is obliterated for some reason?

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Can't talk to hunters to finish mission
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »
There's a raid on a Kamekh that I somehow survive solo, which pretty much all my systems destroyed. I fly to the rendezvous to talk to the hunters waiting to start the mission at another nav point, but although I can communicate with them I just get the standard "stranger" communication with them, not the mission starting one, so I can never complete the mission. Is it because all my equipment is obliterated for some reason?

Did you managed to destroy Kamekh? Is this mission marked as not completed (or actually not marked as "Completed") after you land somewhere and/or leave that system?
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Iltsuger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
Yes. Destroyed everything at the patrol nav point (barely). When you do that you still have to talk to the hunters, and they'll thank you for doing the job already. But unless it was an unrelated hunter, and I don't think it was, they didn't want to talk to me to complete the mission, just normal talk.

Edit:

And even if I'd missed a target (i didn't, the nav point was clear) there would have been a let's go hunting conversation option.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have a savefile from just before you embark on that mission, would you?

Iltsuger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »
No. It's been overwritten, sorry. If I can replicate some time in the future I'll try to send you the file. As far as I know things were otherwise normal, so a kamekh quest with pretty much everything destroyed that can be destroyed, including the ability to target, so when I talk to hunters they don't give me proper dialogs. Again, it may have been a weird coincidence and the hunter I happened to try to talk to was not part of the mission team, so I'll try to make sure that's not the case next time.

Iltsuger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:45 AM »
Tried something else with two overlapping missions to a single system. I am supposed to meet two different teams at two different nav points, and targets are also at those nav points so by the time I get there they're fighting with the things, mostly they get wiped out, but I reach one nav point where a hunter is hanging out after I've destroyed all the targets. The mission says I'm to contact the raiders so we can try to kill stuff, but when I contact the remaining hunter it's just normal conversation and the mission doesn't resolve.

It may be that there's some heavily damaged hunter floating out in the ether that's part of the other raiding party, but I see no evidence so far of this.

I'll pass along the file, CK.

Edit:

I had the same thing happen on a retry, so I landed and launched after being unable to resolve both navs. When I returned after landing, one group of hunters were at one of the navs, and talking to them in the proper way resolved the mission. There was another hunter there but they didn't have the needed dialog option, and there were no hunters at the other rendezvous nav point. Not sure if they were all destroyed or just drifted far away, but I would assume that if they were still alive, they would respawn around the nav one expects to find them at.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:43:16 AM by Iltsuger »

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »
Thanks. I'll check it out. Will probably just change it so that the mission is completed when all targets are destroyed (if it isn't like that already and it's some other bug!).

Iltsuger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 12:30:54 PM »
You mean decouple activating the hunters to the completion requirements? Makes sense. I'll admit I like it when they're like Oh, OK, our job is done already I guess. Thanks but removing them from the equation could reduce the chance this happens again.

Edit:

Managed to complete both missions somehow by rushing in and talking to at least one group before they scattered to the winds. A bit confused about how the other mission resolved when i didn't talk to the other group, but maybe hunting capital ships doesn't actually have joining the raiding party as a requirement? Have to check...

Edit II:

OK, there is a join requirement on the cap ship mission. Will see if I can try again to replicate the non-talking thing...

Edit III:

OK, this explains it. For the Cap Ship hunting mission, the part that says you can meet with hunters is still highlighted as though it were a mission requirement, but it's optional in a sense. You complete the mission if the cap ship is killed, whether or not the team is activated. You can still go activate them before the mission resolves but it's not necessary for completion.

For the patrol mission, that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe making those two mission types align to the cap ship style of making the meeting optional will eliminate the problem.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:51:40 PM by Iltsuger »