Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Constant Crashing 7.1.4 & 7.1.5 Windows  (Read 712 times)

MechaGodJovi

• View Profile
Constant Crashing 7.1.4 & 7.1.5 Windows
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »
    I can not find anything regarding this but seems when I get a mission and go to complete it, upon landing at the returning planet or station I CTD. Also it happens randomly quite a bit and as much as I am loving the game it makes it hard to progress unfortunately.

I mean it seems to do it most the time upon landing on a station or planet whether I have a mission or not but also seems if I have a mission from the starter planet and go to return it CTD's no matter what trying to get the reward. I would post reports but I ended up uninstalling it, might give it a second go but it's preventing me from enjoying the game sadly.

It also seems to do it randomly as I've stated but not always but more than enough for me to not wanna play. Anything I can do to solve this or? I've spoke with a few people who stated they have no issues at all.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Constant Crashing 7.1.4 & 7.1.5 Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
    I can not find anything regarding this but seems when I get a mission and go to complete it, upon landing at the returning planet or station I CTD. Also it happens randomly quite a bit and as much as I am loving the game it makes it hard to progress unfortunately.

I mean it seems to do it most the time upon landing on a station or planet whether I have a mission or not but also seems if I have a mission from the starter planet and go to return it CTD's no matter what trying to get the reward. I would post reports but I ended up uninstalling it, might give it a second go but it's preventing me from enjoying the game sadly.

It also seems to do it randomly as I've stated but not always but more than enough for me to not wanna play. Anything I can do to solve this or? I've spoke with a few people who stated they have no issues at all.

Kinda sounds like an issue with temporary files. Are you running the game from a USB stick or similar?

Here's an executable with debug information:

http://www.asciisector.net/download/asciisec.zip (1.2 MB)

If you have the time, could you try running the game with this executable and take a screenshot of the crash message? That would help a lot in tracking down the issue.

MechaGodJovi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 07:09:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I am running it on my E drive and am using windows 8.1 if that matters. I'll go ahead and boot up the debug version in a bit that you linked and take screenshots as suggested, thanks!

What's the screenshot button?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:29:48 AM by MechaGodJovi »

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:32:42 AM »
And your E drive is an internal drive?

There isn't a built-in screenshot button (the error message will also pop up in a different window), so just hit Print Screen and paste the screenshot in Paint to save the image. Also, don't run the game in fullscreen as you may not be able to take a screenshot then.