Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Modding Ascii Sector  (Read 1077 times)

jn

• View Profile
Modding Ascii Sector
« on: July 17, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
Some time ago, I've started writing a little mod for the 32-bit Linux version of Ascii Sector, which is not public yet. My main goal is to be able to play AS in a terminal.

May publish this mod at some point in time?

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Ascii Sector
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 11:11:23 PM »
If the full game is included with the mod, I'd prefer that you publish it here on the forums, or I could host it and maybe link from the main download page. Not that I'd sic lawyers on you or anything if you published it somewhere else with the full game. I just like for there to be a single download hub for the game so people don't need to worry about ending up with an old version or bundled malware or whatever when downloading from a third party site. :)

If the mod can be published without needing to package the game with the download, you can publish it however you want.

jn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »
Ok, thanks.

I'm not planning to bundle the game, as I currently don't see a technical reason to do so. I'll post in this forum when my project becomes ready for general use.

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
I wonder if if would be possible to split asciisector in two, one "server" which runs the game, and then the GUI. That way modders can add their own GUI or tiles. Hm, of course, tiles can be changed directly, so this is pretty redundant, I guess.

I was just thinking one half-step between asciisector and hidden assets.