Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Help test the new version of Ascii Sector!  (Read 8404 times)

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Help test the new version of Ascii Sector!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2015, 08:57:59 PM »
So, after a few days, weeks possibly, of testing I can say that it runs just fine on Linux natively and using wine. You may have to install the latest SDL2 on your own, but otherwise it's very playable and has had no issues so far. I like having the ability to use my mouse, makes sorting and moving things so much faster.

Can you switch between fullscreen mode and windowed mode?
http://www.laserbrainstudios.com/forum/index.php?topic=2126.msg14674#msg14674

Windows version has problem with it.

Good to hear that! Thanks for letting me know! :)

How about some fixes (like above "switch") and next release...? 8)

Oh My God! I didn't played this game 2 or 3 years but when I've heard that Dune The Game music theme inside of Pegasus cockpit I've felt like... like... like excitation at a beginning of some Great Adventure! ;D

"We. Want. More. We want more. WEWANTMORE!" ;)
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
Alt+Enter probably doesn't work in the Linux version either.

And, yeah, I know the new release is criminally overdue... :-[

Viymese

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2015, 12:15:53 AM »
Alt+Enter probably doesn't work in the Linux version either.

And, yeah, I know the new release is criminally overdue... :-[

Oh yeah, it still doesn't work, on the Linux Version on Linux Mint 17.2.

Same with the Windows Ver. it seems, I've also noticed that when switching between windowed and fullscreen the program will minimize itself (not sure if WINE or just something else, assuming WINE since I have no real ver of windows to use ATM...), and that's it so far.

Also, just a little criminally, but if it's good I'm okay waiting for a while for it.

toupz

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 04:31:30 PM »
Greetings i feel the only thing we need is to fix the Bounty/pay our fine and Ascii Sector would feel like it's 100% complete. At least for me it feels 98% complete. I wished i was a pirate at times but could fix my Bounty and would feel better when/if this ever gets updated. I know you're working hard on your new game tho btw it looks lot of fun i will be sure to grab a copy of it when it's complete, i love stealth games and isometric games are almost rarity nowadays
Ascii sector ownz

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Same with the Windows Ver. it seems, I've also noticed that when switching between windowed and fullscreen the program will minimize itself (not sure if WINE or just something else, assuming WINE since I have no real ver of windows to use ATM...), and that's it so far.

I guess that's a WINE thing. I haven't had it happen in Windows.

Greetings i feel the only thing we need is to fix the Bounty/pay our fine and Ascii Sector would feel like it's 100% complete.

Yeah, I'll try to get the capital planet where you pay off fines added for the next version. I can probably take a week or two off from working on Hidden Asset around Christmas time.

toupz

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »

Greetings i feel the only thing we need is to fix the Bounty/pay our fine and Ascii Sector would feel like it's 100% complete.

Yeah, I'll try to get the capital planet where you pay off fines added for the next version. I can probably take a week or two off from working on Hidden Asset around Christmas time.
[/quote]
Wow awesome that's like a Christmas gift Hehe, I have noticed whenever i hit print screen to take screenshots of ascii sector in this new version it takes a screenshot of my desktop instead of the game
Ascii sector ownz

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »
Is this when running in fullscreen? OpenGL apparently doesn't like getting screenshotted when running in fullscreen.

toupz

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2015, 06:56:39 PM »
Is this when running in fullscreen? OpenGL apparently doesn't like getting screenshotted when running in fullscreen.
Yes in fullscreen
Ascii sector ownz

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2015, 10:23:27 AM »
Yes in fullscreen

Change to windowed mode using "Options" (unfortunately Alt+Enter doesn't work so far) and hit Alt+PrintScreen. It'll make screenshot of (entire) active window only. Even if you can see only some part of this window.
Genuine Lifelike Individual

toupz

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
Yes in fullscreen

Change to windowed mode using "Options" (unfortunately Alt+Enter doesn't work so far) and hit Alt+PrintScreen. It'll make screenshot of (entire) active window only. Even if you can see only some part of this window.
Ascii sector ownz