Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: !!!The Source Code!!!  (Read 1464 times)

NoobKid

• View Profile
!!!The Source Code!!!
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:57:49 AM »
I just got this game and it's awesome, flawed as it may be. And if anyone still wants to resurrect this game or establish it as a base for another, could you tell me where the source code is?
If not, how do (or can we) get Christian Knudsen to release it?

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: !!!The Source Code!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »
I have no plans to open source the code. My next project after Hidden Asset will be a graphical, commercial version of Ascii Sector that will reuse quite a bit of the code. Also, the code is in Pascal. Also, the code is a mess. ;D

NoobKid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »
Too bad. I just wish there was someone working on it. It has the most potential any of abandoned roguelike I've ever seen.

NoobKid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »
What if I could buy Ascii Sector or fund you for working on it? I can't fund you or buy the whole game myself, but I know where I could find people who can.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
That's honestly not something I'd be interested in. One of the benefits of being an independent developer is that you're not under pressure from investors and publishers. You're making games because you love doing it, not because someone is paying you (upfront) to do it.

I'm currently working on Hidden Asset, and if that game becomes successful enough that I can continue working on games, the graphical version of Ascii Sector would be next.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:01:06 PM by Christian Knudsen »

Name

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 03:14:29 AM »
can anyone recommend a FOSS alternative to this game?