Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: It's been a while...  (Read 2150 times)

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
It's been a while...
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »

For the last year and change, I’ve been pretty quiet. This isn’t because I’ve stopped developing Hostile Takeover, though. To the contrary, the game has come a long way in the past year. I just felt that I needed to go into stealth mode for a while until the game was up to snuff again and ready to be shown to the world.

At first, I just wanted to fix a few things here and there, but then I kept finding new things that I wanted to fix or improve before I showed the game again, and all of the sudden, more than a year has passed. But now the game is nearing a point where I feel confident in sharing it with the world again, so without further ado, here are some screenshots:

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

As you can (hopefully) tell, a lot has changed since the last updates. I’ll go over some of the changes and improvements in future blog posts.

I’ve removed the download links to the old version, since it was terribly out of date and this new version isn’t yet at a state where it’s fit for release. Speaking of, I’ll most likely be doing closed testing for this and coming versions until the demo is done (which I’ll then probably release as part of a Kickstarter campaign). The demo will include three missions, with the first two being tutorials. The above screenshots are of the work-in-progress first tutorial mission.

Finally, I’ve set up a mailing list that you can subscribe to if you want to be sure to know about any game/demo releases or future Kickstarter campaigns.

And that’s all for now. Hostile Takeover is back! (Though it was technically never gone…)

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:34:42 PM »
Cool!

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »
Hot!
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
So lukewarm on average?

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
So lukewarm on average?

Well, it's still alpha version... ;)

BTW Dead bodies don't have shadows and it looks like they're floating.
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 09:46:54 PM »
They actually do have shadows. They're just mostly hidden beneath the body, so I guess they aren't much good. I can probably make them slightly bigger.

sudo

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »
Wow, it has been a while.  :D

I check back here once every few months to see if you decided to kick around with AS a bit. I must admit, when I saw that you had updated the forum to be with the main website, I had my hopes up. Oh well, perhaps some other time  ;)

On a brighter note, Hidden Asset looks like it is coming along well. I always liked how you made the combat in AS (although a kick to the head was hilariously OP), so I have high hopes for this game too.