Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: General Feedback  (Read 1521 times)

cessna

• View Profile
General Feedback
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »
I saw the appeal from CK to test this out in the ascii sector forum and gave it a try. 
I am using a Toshiba Satellite with an ati radeon X1200 in Vista  (almost never boot this junk but do use it for testing), and I also tried it in an XP vbox on my Ubuntu side as well and it works fine.  Not my flavor of game anymore (had a very fallout2 feel) but it worked fine, ran smoothly even in the vbox in debug mode. 

Nice work CK, is it Pascal as well?

Must say I think ascii sector blows it out of the water, but asciisec is a truly great game (top tier in my book) and this is just alpha.   I will try it in linux as well and let you know how that goes.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: General Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »
Thanks for giving it a spin! Glad it runs fine. Yup, it's programmed in Pascal as well.

It's been interesting for me to work on this game compared to Ascii Sector, since this game is much more specifically designed. The open world nature of Ascii Sector means that much of the gameplay and fun comes from the very basic game elements creating somewhat randomly generated challenges, whereas I have to design each level of Hostile Takeover meticulously. It's a much bigger challenge design-wise, and I'm still learning how to make the levels of Hostile Takeover as fun as possible.