Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Possible AI bug  (Read 1321 times)

thenewguy

• View Profile
Possible AI bug
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »
I've run into a situation a few times with locked doors and guards that I think may cause a loop in the AI. What happens is I will go into a room and lock the door behind me so that the guard doesn't wander in and spot me. The guard will walk up to the door and stop, just standing in front of the door. He doesn't say anything, but I get the impressive the guard's script "wants" him to open the door, but he can't. However, the guard hasn't detected me either, so he's not on alert.The result is the guard just stands there quietly, probably for ever, unable to open the door and unwilling to move on. The only way I have found to break the stalemate is to open the door, blowing my cover.

So far I have any seem this happen with the guards dressed in black. The ones in red do not appear to open doors (unless they are chasing someone), and so they just walk by the door.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Possible AI bug
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
Nice catch! Patrolling guards will just stand there when blocked by a locked door. I think I've found the cause for the bug, so it should be fixed in the next release. :)

thenewguy

• View Profile
Re: Possible AI bug
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »
Wow, that was fast. Thank you! Really looking forward to the next preview.