Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Can't get to person -- fixer mission  (Read 2559 times)

neopeius

• View Profile
Can't get to person -- fixer mission
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:38:23 AM »
On Basin in Loye system, I am supposed to deliver something to a character--who is in that isolated building with one pixel of clearing around it.  There's no way to get to him.  I have tried launching and landing in the hopes it will re-deploy the people, but he's still there.  What do I do?

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get to person -- fixer mission
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:31 AM »
Quote from: "neopeius"
On Basin in Loye system, I am supposed to deliver something to a character--who is in that isolated building with one pixel of clearing around it.  There's no way to get to him.  I have tried launching and landing in the hopes it will re-deploy the people, but he's still there.  What do I do?

Hmm... maybe it could help if you'll go to another system and come back to check if such person was "relocated"... :?
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Iltsuger

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:06:39 PM »
It's a good catch, though. That cell, if it hasn't already, should probably be blocked off.

Weird little peoples, getting stuck. Must have been terrifying for him :)

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »
I jumped out of the system and jumped back.  He's still there.  Everyone else is reset.

Anyone know how much of a setback it'll deal to my fixer rep?  :(

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
I could've sworn I'd already fixed this, but it seems my fix only made sure he didn't spawn inside the building. He can still spawn in the doorway. D'oh! You can either send me a savegame on Basin, and I can use Cheat Engine to move the mission character to a spot where you can reach him, or if you know how to use Cheat Engine, you can just do it yourself. :)

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
Quote from: "Christian Knudsen"
I could've sworn I'd already fixed this, but it seems my fix only made sure he didn't spawn inside the building. He can still spawn in the doorway. D'oh! You can either send me a savegame on Basin, and I can use Cheat Engine to move the mission character to a spot where you can reach him, or if you know how to use Cheat Engine, you can just do it yourself. :)

I haven't a clue how to use Cheat Engine, but "teach a man to fish" and all that.  If it's not overly challenging, if you tell me what to do, I can fix it. :)

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
http://www.sdfo.org/2.sav is the link, though.

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
You can download Cheat Engine for free here. It helps you to find game values stored in memory, and you can then change those memory values. With your issue, you'd find the memory location of the character's coordinates, then change the X or Y coordinate to a tile that you can reach. When playing the game, you can hit 'L' to enter look mode. If you hold down 'C', it will show you the coordinates of the selected tile. First find the current X or Y coordinate the character is at and search for that (set type to Byte). Then when the character has moved, do the Next search with the coordinate value the character is at now. You should now have the memory address where that coordinate is stored and can change it.

Here's a fixed version of your save where the mission character is standing close to you: www.asciisector.net/download/2.sav

neopeius

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:38:39 AM »
Thanks so much.  You can tell I love your game--I've been playing it for a month and a half!  Now I need to try the Quests...

When I'm employed again, I will have to Make a Donation. :)