Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 8273 times)

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Elite: Dangerous
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »
Quote from: "Cthulhu"
Is this one of those "Remember you saw it in Asciisector first!" moments?

Nope! I saw it in Parkan II in 2006... :eeeee:

However, it will not be part of the initial release but only as a later update. (Which one can get for free/included in the game by pledging £90).

An this is another (after multiplayer) bad news... :@
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
Actually I don't mind that much that it'll be a later release. Then they will have time and resource to do it right.

Plus, I won't be able to play it now or 2014 anyway due to hardware. I tend to lag about 20 years behind with my computer games. Now I'm playing Syndicate and Command & Conquer,  games I could not play on my poor 25MHz computer.

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »
Actually I don't mind that much that it'll be a later release. Then they will have time and resource to do it right.

Pledging £90 for something that may or may not be developed? It's like buying 4 AAA+ games (premier release). Actually it's £105 for me because they want £15 for international shipping.

I have doubts about pledging £40 because it will not give me "full game" while it's more than for AAA+ new game (even collector's edition)...
 :no:

Well! At least I have excuse - there is no PayPal payments yet...  :heh:

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
As I understand it they will develop those things, provided they reach the goal on Kickstarter, which I think they will.

If they don't reach the goal, you don't pay anything.

I might increase to £90, and I don't care about getting a "boxed version" (thus I don't plan on paying the extra £15). They can keep their t-shirts, mugs, and what not, I just want the game, and all updates free.

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
@GLI, plus now you can pledge £80 for all digital downloads, and all upgrades free.

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »
@GLI, plus now you can pledge £80 for all digital downloads, and all upgrades free.

"AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHhhhhhh...!!!" :'(  [sound of wallet's seppuku]

Damn it! I hope it will be good... I mean "very good". Actually, I want it EXTREMELY GOOD... like Ascii Sector. :lol:

Wait! There is no "digital version" for PayPal payment yet:
http://elite.frontier.co.uk/kickstarter.html
Will wait...

I don't know who is managing their "kickstarter campaign" but it's very poor (comparing to Star Citizen).

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
I've contacted them. I'm guessing they'll fix it within a day.

Yeah, they're very new to kickstarter, and they have admitted they should have been more prepared, but they're listening to the feedback. At first it was just David Braben doing everything, but now there's a guy who is main responsible for the updates and comments-section, and FAQ, etc. He even takes time to send personal messages etc. Not bad when they have 50 000 comments.

EDIT: They already replied, that they'll fix it.

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »
EDIT: They already replied, that they'll fix it.

I've already pledged 80 GBP via PayPal...  :crazy:

I hope it will be worth because it's a lot of money for a game. :pinch:

Iltsuger

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »
How the mighty have fallen :)

I expect a review whenever this game actually gets released, assuming it does :)

That said, I've already pledged way too much to others' campaigns, so I'm speaking from experience :)

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
Last day today.

The pledging didn't take off until just two days ago, but reached full funding on Brabens birthday, and has now reached what's needed for the Mac-version to be made, and by the looks of it, it will reach the last stretch goal of £1.5M for an additional 10 ships included in the initial release.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/posts/379686

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »
It's official now: Elite Dangerous will have no single player offline mode!

Elite: Dangerous Newsletter #50:
http://eepurl.com/8SZrb
 >:(

No refunds, sorry... ???

I feel... cheated. They told us lies to took our money: DRM free, offline mode... what a bullshit. I didn't expected quasi Newtonian physics and time compression like in original "Frontier: Elite 2" but making MMO and lying from a very beginning of Kickstarter campaign to make us look like "fools who spends money for nothing"...?

I don't feel anger. It's just... I can't find right now civilized words to describe such ruthless swindle...
 :'(

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »
I was going to say that you can at least always get a refund, but apparently their refund policy is that if you've played the game at all, you can't get a refund! :o

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »
[...]if you've played the game at all, you can't get a refund! :o

It's a dirty trick because FD didn't released the game - they just gave access to beta tests on full of bugs limited resources (which is making some work for them!). I've tested "Beta 1" in "solo single player mode and the truth is that ASCII Sector gave me far more fun and joy. Really. No lies.

When FD gave access to "Beta 2" all my progress from "Beta 1" was lost (fully equipped Anaconda and 30M Cr.; actually gameplay was pretty boring in that moment). I've decided to wait for final game... DRM free, single player in offline mode...

It was designed as MMO from scratch. There will be no DRM free, single player in offline mode... :o

I'll wait some more days, week maybe. Then I'll request a refund. 80 GBP isn't small money for a game. :(

Cthulhu

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »
I haven't played it, since I don't have Windows, and I've asked for a refund, due to the always online "feature". So far they've replied to my request with some general "are you sure?", but no money yet.

GLI

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
[...]no money yet.

You didn't played, you didn't downloaded even? You're lucky! You should get back all your money (minus "transactions" fees).

FD offered to me 45 out of 80 GBP. I've rejected their silly offer because I demand full refund. No reply so far. Few more days and it'll be one month... >:(

Here is thread on their forum:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60257
and comments on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/comments

It looks really sad:
http://www.iii.co.uk/stockmarketwire/190309/frontier-developments-red-revenues-fall?context=LSE:FDEV
... and it was before "offline scandal".

When FD released the game their assets should go up, not down:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/exchange-insight/news-analysis.html?fourWayKey=GB00BBT32N39GBGBXASQ1
Click "Announces full public release of Elite: Dangerous" for more info.

I regret that I didn't read interview with Ian Bell before I've sent my money:
http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/archive/b5081501.htm
It gives different "picture" of David Braben. Greedy b***ard... :-X