Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: NEW OFFICIAL WIKI UP AND RUNNING!!!  (Read 20860 times)

Rabbit

• Experienced
    • View Profile
Re: NEW OFFICIAL WIKI UP AND RUNNING!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 06:32:36 AM »
Quote from: "Liberty Cruiser"
Can you walk me through on this one? I can't seem to find that tag in any of the pages I create after looking at the sources. For example I add the tag {{Category:Content}} to the Detailed List of Ships page, and it still works but it disappears right after so I can't remove it.

I just need the Category:Ships page to be removed from Category:Content.

Edit: Never mind I just fixed it! I found out you had to go to the visual editor and remove the category items from the right-hand side. Weird, the category tag always disappears from the source code.   :crazy:

Well at least you figured it out. Honestly, I had no idea, I was just sort of taking a shot in the dark. I'm not very good with wikis.

Liberty Cruiser

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:25 AM »
Success! I finally managed to list every ship in the game after hours of confusion... I guess we all have to cut our teeth on something.   :heh:

Rabbit

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 06:57:43 AM »
Quote from: "Liberty Cruiser"
Success! I finally managed to list every ship in the game after hours of confusion... I guess we all have to cut our teeth on something.   :heh:

You know they were all listed on the quick ship reference page. :V
On that note, there's a "Khamek" page that should be deleted (I'll move the info currently on it to the correctly named page), and the page Ulysess page should be deleted and replaced with the Ulysses page which all the information is already on (and is also the correct spelling).

Liberty Cruiser

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
Yeah I know they were already linked to their individual pages, I just wanted to make a category for them like the old wiki.   :P   I think it`s fine to leave the pages like that, I`ll just update the to-do list right now.

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • http://pgmaille.weebly.com
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 07:26:58 AM »
I'm liking the way this new wiki is looking. Good job Liberty and Rabbit.
There are only a few good things in life: AS, AS, beer, Minecraft and Hostile Takeover! A<0>V

Liberty Cruiser

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
Darn I gotta go to sleep right now... I updated the to-do list and made a template for the ships' infoboxes, and woah the images of the floor plans for some of the ships are pretty huge. Ideally I'd want the template to look like this and be named Template:Ship_Infobox but apparently I added too many parameters to it so it won't let me display all of the rows.  :(   If someone can do this for me I'd really appreciate it!

Code: [Select]
{{infobox
|Box title    =
|image        =
|imagewidth   = 300
|caption      =
|Row 1 title  = Size class
|Row 1 info   =
|Row 2 title  = Maximum speed
|Row 2 info   =
|Row 3 title  = Acceleration (0 to 200 KPS)
|Row 3 info   =
|Row 4 title  = Maneuverability (full rotation)
|Row 4 info   =
|Row 5 title  = Jump fuel
|Row 5 info   =
|Row 6 title  = Turret mounts
|Row 6 info   =
|Row 7 title  = Front armaments
|Row 7 info   =
|Row 8 title  = Armor
|Row 8 info   =
|Row 9 title  = Base shielding
|Row 9 info   =
|Row 10 title = Regular/expanded cargo
|Row 10 info  =
|Row 11 title = Passenger space
|Row 11 info  =
}}

I'll catch you guys tomorrow, oh and good job both of you.   :)

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:54 AM »
Ok I sent CK a PM about the new wiki address. And I'm about to be off to bed myself...
There are only a few good things in life: AS, AS, beer, Minecraft and Hostile Takeover! A<0>V

Rabbit

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
I filled in the infobox on the Tarsus page with a few adjustments.
Namely, the "Front armaments" row was removed for being superfluous and I moved the parenthesized text on Maneuverability and Acceleration into a tooltip to make the infobox look a little less cluttered.
If you like the changes, I can fill in the rest tomorrow.

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 09:46:22 AM »
Quote from: "Rabbit"
Ship images are up. Only Gothri and Kamekh are missing, I'll try to work on getting floorplans of those. In the meantime, the ship pages still need to be filled out (I only put very basic information in the infoboxes while I put the images up).

When somebody will do Drayman's internals don't forget about different view when this ships is "vanilla" and when has cargo expansion. I don't remember if other ships have similar effect...
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Christian Knudsen

• Administrator
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »
Awesome work guys! I've updated all links to the new wiki address (let me know if I've missed any).

:D

Rabbit

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
Quote from: "GLI"
When somebody will do Drayman's internals don't forget about different view when this ships is "vanilla" and when has cargo expansion. I don't remember if other ships have similar effect...

All player ownable ships do appear different with a cargo expansion, and all the images I uploaded have all turrets and a cargo expansion where applicable.

Liberty Cruiser

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Wow thanks for featuring our wiki on the official site CK. We were all just starting to make rapid progress and create new content on it already!

Edit: Anyhow I have a couple of ideas I want to implement on some of the wiki pages, I'll get to work and update the to-do list again in the afternoon.

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
Added the Import/Export Chart.

Liberty Cruiser

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
That chart is probably a little TOO big for the page.    :heh:    My idea was to just merge the imports and exports of each row and write the commodities there, instead of having lots of unused columns. They don't even have to be written in their full names either, we can use their short forms.

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
Leave out the ones that aren't Imported/Exported?