Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: I am so excited!!! It works!  (Read 1964 times)

Vorkosigan

• View Profile
I am so excited!!! It works!
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
So I wanted to create a quest where i transported someone to Bastille. I began all these grand plans for this fantastic journey, but then crashed into my own reality - I am not a developer.

I recall reading in the forum or user guide that carrying people on your ship or having them show up on your ship wasn't implemented.

I think I am missing the boat somewhere... :crazy:

I started simple and created a quest where an NPC character, I created, met me when I exited my ship. Just as the quest script stated, the little colored dot moved to where I was and started a conversation with me.

Exhilarated at my simple success, I thought to try and set a event/trigger to have the character board my ship - and it did! When I then moved my player onto my own ship, the NPC character I had created was there! Not only that, I was able to take control of my ship and go to another place. When I left my ship controls, the little colored dot was still there!.

Granted, it had begun moving around my ship like a caged animal and because I had concluded my quest (questdone), any conversation with the NPC was that of a stranger "I don't give to beggars" ,etc.

:eeeee:  :eeeee:  Now I will conquer the world!!!

P.s Christian this is an Awesome game!!

Lexus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://abandonedbutnotforgotten.wordpress.com/
Re: I am so excited!!! It works!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
:) Good job! Its always fun getting a script working on the first try, or exactly the way you wanted it.

Vorkosigan

• View Profile
Re: I am so excited!!! It works!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:04:12 PM »
Thanks!