Laserbrain Studios

Games Forum Blog Contact

Author Topic: 'Parking Fees'  (Read 9116 times)

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
    • http://pgmaille.weebly.com
Re: 'Parking Fees'
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 02:24:50 AM »
Quote from: "floundericiousWA"
how about donuts?

VASH THE STAMPEDE!!! lol
There are only a few good things in life: AS, AS, beer, Minecraft and Hostile Takeover! A<0>V

floundericiousWA

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
I'm working on module 3 of "how to successfully be a tin-pot dictator" offered through defry fast food college

ixltixl

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
Hi guys, I'm new to this game, and love it  8) !

But seriously, why the talk about fees? when you start with the tarsus, you can easily do jobs that pay around 1500. so why deduct 10 every time you land somewhere? and people who own a capship will laugh about paying 2000 bucks... only makes the game more / too complicated.

maybe these maintenance fees were already included in repairs. i believe it to be so and concentrate more on flying...

i was wondering why fuel comes free, too, but it would only be a hassle to pay for it...?

otherwise: great game! (got a centurion now and like boarding killrathis)

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 05:26:06 PM »
welcome to the world of AS ixltixl. Glad you're enjoying the game.

I would be inclined to agree with you. why impose all these restrictions, let's just play the game and have fun.

But some of our  forum members REALLY want docking fees/fuel costs. I just chime in with my .02 credits from time to time about it.
There are only a few good things in life: AS, AS, beer, Minecraft and Hostile Takeover! A<0>V

ardiccari

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
Quote from: "VincentFirePony"
I would be inclined to agree with you. why impose all these restrictions, let's just play the game and have fun.

But some of our  forum members REALLY want docking fees/fuel costs. I just chime in with my .02 credits from time to time about it.

I'm bit of a realism freak and the fact that AS is really arcade is a bit annoying. I have used to that though, because otherwise the game is awesome. I would love if you had to sleep in every 16 hours, buy food and eat, hell even have a piss once in a while to keep yourself going in AS :lol: But I see how this would be a huge pain in the arse for those who just want to play for fun. Maybe the solution would be some kind of setting for character realism? It could get really overcomplicated though, so maybe AS is best as it is.  :hehe:

Sometimes I even think about making my own space game with (semi)realistic Newtonian physics for space flight... It wouldn't be as big as AS, just a racing game or something like that...
And that\'s how I roll.

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
Quote from: "ardiccari"

I'm bit of a realism freak and the fact that AS is really arcade is a bit annoying. I have used to that though, because otherwise the game is awesome. I would love if you had to sleep in every 16 hours, buy food and eat, hell even have a piss once in a while to keep yourself going in AS :lol:

Right! Fatigue indicator will be a great addiction for game's realism. I used hotel only once - to see how it works. "Healing" wounds or waiting for new missions while sleeping? It's a waste of time! And time is a money... :pinch:

But I see how this would be a huge pain in the arse for those who just want to play for fun. Maybe the solution would be some kind of setting for character realism? It could get really overcomplicated though, so maybe AS is best as it is.  :hehe:

Maybe difficulty levels should satisfy some "greedy men":
1) Easy - Tarsus is a killer, lasers don't stop, player's character is like Chuck Norris... but rewards are low (to obtain capship player must play four times longer);
2) Medium - Tarsus can be destroyed, lasers need energy, player must practice in ground combat, rewards are little higher;
3) Hard ("realistic", something for "real" players) - TCO for ships, docking/fuel fees, new skills for space flight/combat, player's character must think about tactics before and during ground combat, missions are harder but will give much more money... and so on.

Sometimes I even think about making my own space game with (semi)realistic Newtonian physics for space flight... It wouldn't be as big as AS, just a racing game or something like that...

Something like Terminus? Check this topic... :eeeee:
Genuine Lifelike Individual

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Quote from: "GLI"
Maybe difficulty levels should satisfy some "greedy men":
1) Easy - Tarsus is a killer, lasers don't stop, player's character is like Chuck Norris... but rewards are low (to obtain capship player must play four times longer);
2) Medium - Tarsus can be destroyed, lasers need energy, player must practice in ground combat, rewards are little higher;
3) Hard ("realistic", something for "real" players) - TCO for ships, docking/fuel fees, new skills for space flight/combat, player's character must think about tactics before and during ground combat, missions are harder but will give much more money... and so on.
 for space flight/combat, player's character must think about tactics before and during ground combat, missions are harder but will give much more money... and so on.

I  made the suggestion for an on/off setting for docking fees/fuel costs because not everyone wants to fork out the credits for something thats been free since the game started.

But thats just me :hehe:

GLI

• Hidden Asset Alpha Tester
  • Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
I  made the suggestion for an on/off setting for docking fees/fuel costs because not everyone wants to fork out the credits for something thats been free since the game started.

I don't want to pay for Disabler Missiles or EMP Torpedoes. How about Disabler Cannon? :hehe:

BTW I'm not buying nanos and I'm not paying for repairs. Pegasus is really formidable ship... 8)
Genuine Lifelike Individual

Lexus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://abandonedbutnotforgotten.wordpress.com/
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »
I don't like the difficulty level at all... But maybe an on and off switch for 'realism'

BTW I love realism games too. A cool but very realistic one is MarsColonyOnline, still in development though... You can find it here www.hyperkat.com

ardiccari

• Experienced
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
GLI: Thanks for telling about Terminus! I had never heard of that game before. Sounds really interesting :)

Different difficulty levels would be... well, good :) I'm just concerned about difficulties of that kind of modifications. They would also make AS very different game from what it's now.

I don't fancy the thought about disabler cannon :p Sounds too easy to me. Disabling ships should be difficult.
And that\'s how I roll.

Lexus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:15 PM »
but that turns AS from like a privateer game, to a arcade game.... Maybe 'debug' mode then....

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Quote from: "GLI"
I don't want to pay for Disabler Missiles or EMP Torpedoes. How about Disabler Cannon?

That would be interesting... but only feasible on a cap ship with more than one weapon slot.

Lexus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
maybe uses up 2 or 3 slots and is really expensive and an energy waster...

VincentFirePony

• Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
Quote from: "Lexus"
maybe uses up 2 or 3 slots and is really expensive and an energy waster...

Now thats counterproductive... The Energy wasting however could be a good tradeoff...

EDIT:
I switched to the EMP torps since they have more stopping power... If they ever caught up with the target... Grr

Lexus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »
Does anyone use proton torps?
Seriously? FoF or HeatSeeking are better...

EDIT: One thing I miss about the original privateer and wing commanders were the image recognition missiles...